Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ibby O'Carroll



Ibby O’Carroll



Room Picture



My room picture has opposite colors and analogous colors. I felt like it shouldn’t belong, but it should. It feels straightened out and just right, and in a way, it represents my life. It also feels like the opposite of my life because sometimes I feel overwhelmed and sometimes I feel very calm and content. It is every feeling I have ever experienced. It is mostly the feelings that I hate, which is not surprising, because they are the feelings that I think about the most. It’s just right because it fits my personality perfectly.



The first area that catches my eye is the silver and gold beams of light that represent heaven. To someone that isn’t me, they would probably think that it is “cool” or “bright”. But the real feelings are happiness and sadness. It reminds me of my grandma who is up there, which is sad, but I know that things happen for a reason, so I feel happy. She gets to experience a whole new life up there. I get to talk with her through this picture. She is my greatest joy and my saddest sorrow. I know she helped me create this picture, too.



The next area that catches my eye is the rainbow. It is like a passageway to the future. I don’t know what it will feel like, because I will know in the future. It is like a beaten up rainbow that I took in to my room, because it was exceptional. It means that I don’t know how my life will end up, but I know that everything will work out in the end.



The big lollipops start the journey of my life. The staircase is a symbol of before my life started. As soon as I stepped into my room, my life began. Everything that I put in my picture is a big part of my life. The blue hazy light represents the time I fainted. The swirly cross represents England, because my dad was born there. The yellow dots represent all the times I was very confused. The red edges on the bottom of the stairway represent books because I love reading. The mountains represent the ups and downs that I have been through and the star represents how far I have come. The hearts represent my family and that they will always be there for me. I wrote life because it is the one thing that will always be with me until the day I die.



If I ever get a chance to be in my room picture, I will get lost in the wonder and excitement and joy and sadness and all the overwhelming things. I would love to spend time in my room with all of my close family members and friends, but alone with them. It will be a space where I can share all of my feelings in that room. I could do whatever I pleased and everything that I’m scared to show real people. I could cry and laugh and live in that room.



I learned that I am the opposite of myself. I will always be happy and sad, daring and scared, loving and unkind, and grumpy and excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment